Vitamin C is involved in metabolic processes. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps strengthen defenses. Discover 6 recipes rich in this nutrient.
Would you like to learn how to prepare some vitamin C-rich recipes? The recommended daily dose of vitamin C is easily reached through food. In addition, vitamin C is necessary because it performs various essential functions in the body.
Indeed, this nutrient intervenes in metabolic processes. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps strengthen defenses. In addition, it also participates in the formation of collagen for the skin. This also helps maintain joints, bone density and facilitates healing.
If you want to increase your intake, this article has been written for you. We offer some recipes based on foods rich in vitamin C, which will also add variety and flavor to your daily menus.
Vitamin C-rich recipes to include in your diet
1. Tomato and Pepper Healthy Pizza
Tomatoes and peppers are natural sources of vitamin C. By mixing these two ingredients, you will get a delicious low-calorie pizza.
- On a pizza dough made with whole wheat flour, spread a layer of tomato sauce.
- Then sauté a chopped tomato, red and green pepper, onions, a pinch of salt, basil, and pepper. It is preferable not to make the cooking last too long so that the vegetables retain their vitamin C content.
- Spread the mixture over the pizza dough and cover with cheese and oregano.
- To finish, bake until the desired baking.