The granites are delicious and refreshing.
Fruit-based drinks are always a delight, such as a granita. Discover the flavor of this simple recipe and make it at home in a few simple steps!
Sometimes in the summer, it seems like the heat is suffocating us and we can’t do anything about it. Temperatures can reach such a level that even water is no longer enough to keep us feeling fresh and hydrated.
We need another drink that refreshes but also delights us with its delicious flavor. This is the case with strawberry and watermelon granita; a simple and delicious recipe, let’s find out!
Steps to follow to prepare a delicious strawberry and watermelon granita
Drinks can quench thirst (gradually or completely, depending on the type consumed). Drinks are also a source of nutrients for the body. And even more, if they are prepared with fresh fruit.
When it comes to this frozen strawberry and watermelon drink, you just need to follow a few simple steps that we are going to show you. You can also consume it with any meal of the day or to calm cravings.
On the other hand, the unique properties of this strawberry and watermelon granita are directly linked to the two fruits that compose it. As you well know, watermelon is one of the best natural depuratives available to you. In addition, strawberries are among the best antioxidants and are full of vitamins and minerals like those of type B and C.
- 5 cups chopped watermelon (560 g)
- 2 cups of natural strawberry ice cream (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (30 g)
- 1 pinch of salt (5 g)
- 7 mint leaves (decoration) (20 g)
- 1 cup of ice (120 g)
- First, wash the watermelon and dry it.
- Then peel it, remove all the seeds it contains, cut it into pieces and mix them. For this, it is better to use a robot or an electric mixer.
- Once you have well mixed the watermelon pieces, keep cool.
- Then, in the same mixer or grinder, place the pieces of ice cube.
- Before continuing the granita, add a touch of virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of sugar.
- Then add the strawberry ice cream and mix it. This will give you the classic thickness of strawberry and watermelon granita.
- Finally, you will have to serve the mixed watermelon in a glass, then complete it with the strawberry granita.
- To give a touch of freshness, you can decorate each of the glasses you serve with mint leaves.
Warning! Here are some nutritional tips for this drink
As you know, all fruits have specific benefits and implications for the body. In the same way that the banana does not bring the same things to the organism as the orange, the same goes for strawberries and watermelon. Pay special attention to these nutritional details that are present in your delicious strawberry and watermelon granita.
- They are an excellent antioxidant of natural origin
- We use them to improve heart health
- It is advisable to consume at least 2 strawberries a day
- These are composed mainly of the following elements: water (91%), carbohydrates (8%) and natural fibers (2%)
- In a cup of strawberries, you will find up to 3 grams of dietary fiber. These are very beneficial for cleaning our body
- It is known as one of the best depuratives among all fruits, like pineapple and orange
- This fruit is made up of the following elements: water (94.6%), carbohydrates (4.5%), fiber (0.5%) and protein (0.4%)
- It is also an excellent antioxidant. And this, mainly thanks to these substances: citrulline, lycopene, and beta-carotene. All present in this delicious strawberry and watermelon granita.