Tomato-cream sauce is a classic pasta sauce that combines the sweet and acidic flavors of ripe tomatoes with the richness and creaminess of heavy cream. This sauce is easy to make and can be paired with a variety of pasta shapes, from spaghetti to penne, to create a delicious and satisfying meal. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a more elaborate meal for special occasions, this tomato-cream sauce is the perfect addition to any pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the heavy cream to the pan, stirring until well combined.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the sauce over cooked pasta and garnish with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese if desired.
Note: You can use any type of pasta that you prefer for this recipe. You can also add additional seasonings to the sauce, such as dried oregano, red pepper flakes, or black pepper, to enhance the flavor. If you prefer a smoother sauce, you can use an immersion blender or a regular blender to puree the sauce until smooth before serving.