Apple Pumpkin Muffins are a delicious and healthy combination of two fall favorites: apples and pumpkins. These muffins are moist, fluffy, and packed with flavor, making them the perfect breakfast or snack. Here is a simple recipe to make these muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced apples
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the sugars, pumpkin puree, applesauce, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the diced apples.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm and enjoy the delicious flavors of fall in every bite!